Inspiration Wednesday...World of Christmas!


Hello Unity friends...Karen here!
It's Inspiration Wednesday, and I am sharing a vintage Christmas card with you today!

Using this World of Christmas kit brought to us by Susan Weckesser!
I was immediately drawn to the sweet angel image, and thought I needed
to color her with my watercolor pencils!


So, I went searching on Pinterest and blogs that I love to frequent 
for some inspiration to help me create a vintage-style card!


My inspiration board photo credits -

The Feathered Nest
The Frugal Homemaker
The Feathered Nest
The Feathered Nest

I wanted to keep the tenderness of the sweet angel image, so I chose these subtle 
yet rich colors in the gorgeous dried hydrangeas, and angel images.
I colored the tag in various Derwent Inktense watersoluble ink pencils & 
Faber-Castell Art Grip Aquarelle watercolor pencils to create a soft texture.
The angel's wings and the outer edges of the hydrangeas were also 
watercolored in gold that actually shimmers...love!!

The background paper is a print-out of a Christmas music sheet,
 "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" so as to keep with the Christmas spirit of this Unity stamp set!
The edges of the music sheet paper have been distressed with Ranger distress inks.

Then, I made a few little hydrangea flowers, with pearl centers.  I spritzed them
with some water and gently dried them with my heat gun so they would mimic dried hydrangeas!
Lastly, I added some rhinestone swirls beneath the flowers for a touch more sparkle...


Now, before I close...
 I wanted to share this chalkboard printable I found on Pinterest!

The quote comes from a favorite holiday movie I love to watch
during the Christmas season..."It's a Wonderful Life"!
Do you have a favorite?


photo credit - House of Hawthornes

Have a beautiful day!



Labels: ,