Inspiration Wednesday

Hello Unity friends, Shemaine here with this week's Inspiration Wednesday post. 
 I am really enjoying all the holiday pins on Pinterest right now. It seems like everyone is searching for ideas to decorate their homes and handmade gift ideas. 
I came across this Shabby chic Advent calendar and was drawn to the grid pattern and that each square was decorated with different papers and embellishments.
 

Photo pinned from teresamcfayden.typepad.com

I thought this pattern and style would make for a cute holiday themed layouts so I used November's SMAK KIT 

Bright & Merry Moments


Here's my layout created from this inspiration

25 Days of Holiday Memories


To create the grid on my layout I cut an 8x8 piece of kraft cardstock and then cut 9 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 squares of patterned paper from the Simple Stories Handmade holiday 6x6 paper pad. I added some detail to the squares with black pen from American Crafts and decorated a few of them with stamped images and dies. (I love my Santa from the Naughty. Nice. Not Sure set.) I also went thru my stash of older, unused this and thats and found these poinsettias and glitter stars. The die cut Christmas tree and holly are from Lil Inker Designs.

 
 
There are so many images in this month's SMAK kit that are easy to incorporate into your layouts.
I just love these snowflakes so much that I had to use them!
 
 
 
I love Christmas time and each year my family has an annual list of holiday traditions that we enjoy together. It's my hope that my children will carry on these traditions with their own families one day.
 
I hope you'll be inspired to check out Pinterest for some ideas for scrapbooking your holiday memories.
 
There's only a few days left to grab your November SMAK kit so don't miss out!
 
Have an amazing rest of your day!
 
{Ippity} {Ippity}