Introducing September Guest Designer- Erika Taylor

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!! Was that my outside voice? I think It was.

Hello everyone, Erika Taylor here and I'm beyond excited to be the September Guest Designer for Unity Stamp Company. Not only have I been a huge fan of Unity stamps for quite some time now, but I'm positively smitten with the Unity Peeps. I'm honored to be this months guest designer, and I hope to share a little bit of me with all of you during the month.

First off a wee bit about me. I live in Southern Alberta Canada, with my amazing husband Mark. He is my biggest fan and together, we are raising 2 children. Our 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl have their own tables in my studio and you will often find them creating things right along with me.

I love colors, poetry and tiramisu. I'm a fantasy junkie from Twilight to the Faerie realm and everything in between. I'm on a few design teams including FabScraps, Wow Embossing Powders, May Arts, The Robins Nest and Helmar. You'll find me creating cards, layouts, mixed media, canvas and altered art. Now enough about me hehe.....

For today, I've chosen my favorite Unity Stamp to date, to create a card. This card is filled with color and I love how the butterflies from the Dream Big Itty Bitty (Websters Pages) set can be colored. These butterflies have been colored with Faber Castell Aquarelle pencils.


For the sentiment, I wanted something simple as not to overwhelm the entire card, so I picked the "Beauty" stamp from the Butterfly Beauty stamp set. I used a teal big brush marker from Faber Castell, to ink the stamp and distress the edges of the paper.





Should I show you the final card? make you wait till next week? Naaa, I'm not that cruel, I promise. Here is the finished project made beautiful by Unity Stamps and held together with Helmar Adhesive. The colors are truly stunning and I hope the photos do the card a little justice.



Please leave your comments and let me know what your favorite Unity Stamp is. I know it is tough to pick just one, but I double dog dare ya to try!!! I'll be back next Monday with another Unity project for you. Until then, please stop by my blog to see my work and more importantly say Hello.

Toodles
Erika Taylor




{Ippity} {Ippity}

Labels: , , , , , , , ,