{ippity} Review

Maria again with another {ippity} review.
As I was looking for an old tutorial to show here I realized that I seem to have a thing with updating my kitchen around Easter time.
I made these curtains last year right before Easter when I was going to have a HUGE crowd over for the holiday.

Then this year we dove in head over heels and scrambled to get my kitchen done before this years HUGE Easter crowd.  Next year I'm going to have to get more creative and choose a new room to focus on :)
BUT
these curtains have been VERY inspirational for me.  They were the jump off point for the new kitchen redo and a scrapbook layout.  Here is how I created the layout using this exact fabric.

Check it out!!
List of Supplies:
Snippity of {ippity} Stamp Set
8 1/2 x 11 Kraft Cardstock
Fabric
Ink
Scissors
Glue Stick
Stamp-a-ma-jig
Thread
1. Use Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the whole background with the {ippity} stamp. I chose yellow for mine because I wanted a subtle pattern, but you could use a bolder color or even alternate colors to match your design.
2. Stamp the same image on fabric of your choice and cut them out.3. Stitch a grid in between each of the brackets and glue the fabric accents over a few random ones to highlight the pattern. I zig zag stitched over the fabric to help secure them and add another decorative element.4. Cut out some of the flowers from the fabric print and embellish your layout.This was really EASY to do and was a FUN way to create your own coordinating background. Here are a few detail shots:

 So take a look around your house...surely it filled with things that inspire you.
Mine is starting to fill with gingham....no surprise :)

{Ippity} {Ippity}

Labels: , ,