Design Team Tuesday - SCRAPBOOKING!

 


Hello people!

It's a wonderful Tuesday in Blog Land and I (Lesley Langdon) get to take over Unity's blog for a day. 
Muaaa ha ha.

I hope you're up for stampy 2 page layout today! I made this just for today, as I wanted to show you something new and perhaps different coming from me.  I RARELY complete 2 page layouts!  I used a mix of my newest Unity stamps, Bella Doilies (co-brand stamps with Bella Blvd) and the new Kit of the Month for January, "To the Moon & Back". 

Since it's really hard for you to get a good peek at all the stamps in action, you can either enlarge the photo below, and enlarge the individual pages as well.  I've taken close ups too, so that you can see how AWESOME Unity Stamps STAMP.



LEFT SIDE:

I thought the idea of the title as I was drifting off to bed.  My first title was GEESH.  But that really didn't scream out at me.  I wanted my audience to get the idea that this photo shoot (with my sister) was agonizing because the two of these kids couldn't get in sync.  I wanted to give the impression of the time lapse between these two photos and the hand on the cheek as a sign of Matthew's understanding that this was JUST NOT HAPPENING.   I don't think I have a good shot from this shoot. 


RIGHT SIDE:
There are little things you can do to add interest to your scrapbooking, like stitching and paint drops, but you have to be prepared for imperfection.  I guess I like this way of scrapbooking because it allows me to make mistakes and paint over them if I have to, and it also allows me to have crooked lines, off kilter titles, and areas of designed mess that create interest.


Here is a close up of 2 stamps from the January Kit of the Month (journal box and love you stamp).  I stamped the journal box onto some Crate Paper from their Restoration Collection (it's easy to match that way - as all the papers I used were from the same collection).  I colored in those cute little hearts with a Copic Marker.


Here is a close up of the cute doily stamp.  I found inks that matched the papers, and stamped 2 doilies side by side.  I punched a circle to place in the middle of the pink doily and then finished it off with some zig zag sewing and splats of Shimmerz Paints!


Stamps Used:

BELLA DOILIES



To the Moon & Back (January Kit of the Month)
Stamps Used: Star, Memories Journal Box, Moon & Back Quote, love love love stamp, Whispered Into My Heart Journal Box)

Click here to check out Kit of the Month Details!



 
 
Roots & Wings (brother and sister stamps):
 



Grateful You (calendar stamp)


Thanks for spending some time with Unity today!




 
 
 {Ippity}
{Ippity}