Some Lovin' For You!

Happy Monday everyone!!  This is Kelly here and for the most part I am very happy, but because this is my last post as Unity's Guest Designer for November I do feel a little sad!  :-(  I want to thank Angela and all of the Unity DT members for a month in my life that I will never forget!  I had an awesome time being a small part of their team and I can't thank them enough for the opportunity.

In fact, if I think about it, Unity has probably been the reason that so many other opportunities have presented themselves to me.  This wonderful journey that I am on began back after the New Year.  The first KOM that I purchased was the January 09 KOM and the first Unity card I ever uploaded was THIS ONE.  When I saw Unity stamps for the first time I was drawn to their unique and trendy style.  I loved how they came from a category of their own.  They spoke to me... when I saw them and had them in my hands I HAD to create with them!  And it amazes me that month after month, Unity stamps still come out with fresh, new and trendy stamps that force me to use them!!

I quickly realized how much fun it was to hang out in the forums for Hip Hop and Hip Hop Hangover.  I sensed a feeling of family within the Unity Forum and I wanted to be a part of it so badly.  So I began participating in some chat threads, entering cards for the challenges and gradually my work began to be noticed.  I won a couple of challenges, I was getting nice comments on my cards and every once in a while my cards were even showcased on Angela's blogTHIS is the first card of mine that Angela put on her blog.  You can only imagine how rewarding that was when it happened!

I finally met Angela at CHA in Orlando this year and she was all I had imagined she would be.  She is so warm and friendly and full of life with an energy that emanates from her.  In fact, Brooke, AJ, and all the Unity crew are amazing people too!  I felt a connection with them immediately even though the only way we had met before was in written word!  Again, I had a feeling that I wished I could be part of that family!

I think part of the reason that I have been chosen to be on the Dirty Dozen at SCS is due to Unity Stamps.  They are such a well respected stamp company and they are liked by so many fabulous stampers.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jen Balcer first saw my work on the Unity blog!  I thank Angela so much for having noticed my work and having the confidence in what she saw in it to show it to others and in essence endorsing it by putting her stamp of approval on it.  I will forever be thankful to her for that!

My dream has come true and I can't tell you how excited I am to finally be a part of the Unity Family by being on the DT for Ippity.  I look forward to having a wonderful time using awesome stamps and finding many new friends.  There are a lot of great stamps out there, but  bar none, Unity stamps are my favorite!  I guess it is because when you buy a Unity stamp, you are getting so much more than red rubber!  You are getting a welcome into a family and a chance to build memories and fulfill your life!  Thanks Angela so much!!  And thanks to all of you for welcoming me into this family!

I couldn't just post my sappy story today and not leave you with a creation I made. So check out the Recipe Book Cover that I designed using the Winter CHA new release called Kitchen Logic.  I have complete details on my blog post HERE, so please check it out!



You might be surprised to find out what I used to make the cover. (Hint: I was being green!)


I paper pieced the dish towel and then colored the rest of the stove and sentiment in with my Copic markers.


And you gotta love buttons and the adorable BG new line called Nook and Pantry.  The base paper is a  cute kitchen set from Flair Designs line called What's Cooking!  I will be making three of these to give to my daughters so they can have all the family recipes that they are used to when they move out and cook for themselves and their families.  I will continue to showcase it's progress on My Blog so be sure to follow along with me!

Edited to Add: Rachel Bogner is Growing in Unity this week, so be sure to stop by her blog every day this week and see what Unity goodness she has in store for us!  Here is a link to Rachel's blog...


Bucket Full of Cards

(Tehee!  I love that she has "bucket" in her blog name too!  Smiles!)



Thanks again to all of you for a wonderful month and I hope to see you hanging out with us also on the Ippity side!  Have a wonderful rest of your Monday and a fabulous week too!

Kelly for




Labels: